Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls is the second book in the original series.
Other plot information
Clients in this book
- Stacey baby-sits for Charlotte Johanssen. This is the first time we meet Charlotte.
- Claudia sits for Eleanor Marshall and Nina Marshall
- Kristy sits for Karen Brewer and Andrew Brewer
- Mary Anne watches David Michael Thomas and Louie.
Places in this book
- Claudia wears: purple pants that stop just below the knees, held up with suspenders, white tights with clocks on them, a purple plaid shirt with a matching hat, high-top sneakers and lobster earrings.
Pop culture references
- Claudia wants to curl up with The Phantom of Pine Hill, a Nancy Drew mystery
- Claudia thinks about dressing up as a Smurf for Halloween
Kristy, Claudia, Mary Anne, and Stacey have had some strange adventures since they started the Baby-sifters Club. But nothings been as spooky as what's going on right now. The baby-sitters have been getting mysterious phone calls when they're out on their jobs. When a phone rings and they pick up, there's no one on the other end of the line.
Claudia's sure it's the Phantom Caller, a jewel thief who's been operating in the area. Claudia has always liked reading mysteries, but she doesn't like it when they happen to her. So she and the baby-sitters decide to take action - with some very mixed results!